Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Prodcuts that are out there..and what people do with the remotes?

As far as the whole universal remote goes, since people usually have more than a cable box chilling next to their TV's, I really like what Logitech is doing. I myself own a Logitech universal remote control. My comcast remote is ditched in the drawer.
They also have a charging station, which is great, since most Comcast remotes need AA batteries. And kids usually love taking them out, so that's a problem.
Here are a few examples:
Universal remote control. Could be set for different rooms.

This is pretty interesting....
Also.... to address the issue of accessibility, here is the remote control "hacked" to accommodate this guys grandmother:

so maybe the new remote has buttons that appear/disappear when a certain family member uses it? For example, parents wouldn't want kids to have a button to "buy/rent" a movie? Or they wouldn't want blinking led lights and confusing buttons to appear when grandpa is using the remote(who is also color blind).
Just something I was looking at...


No comments:

Post a Comment